Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, August 18, 2013

DAY BY DAY

As I sit by the open window in my bedroom, listening to the red robin perched on the fence just outside, his melodic whistles flitting about the cool breeze, I am ever aware of the aching pains in all of my muscles from the waist down.  Why does the moist air this time of year send my body into a state of atrophy?  I feel my age when this happens and I try never to feel my age.  I await the arrival of the mechanic who is going to drop by and start my work truck, who loves spending time at mechanics' shops more than she does working for me, and will drive it down there and drop it off.  Worst part about my job so far?  Never having my work truck up and running as it is the one thing I need to perform my job.  I hear thunder booming in the distance, most likely making its way toward me bringing rain and lightening.  The Western breeze smells wet and cool. Knowing that the people I love most in the world are safe and secure gives me a warm feeling of joy.  I am making plans to go to Clifton this weekend to take some great pictures in that small, beautiful mining town. Although it is quite a drive, I look forward to the awesome scenery, taking my time getting there as I stop along the way to take pictures of anything that catches my eye.  Could I complain about how life has been lately?  Of course, who couldn't.  Will I?  Hell no.  I find only the positive aspects of each and every day and weave those into what I want to take with me on my journey.  My eyes are now drooping as the promise of sleep lingers just inside.  I am off to rest, per chance to dream.

No comments: