Donate to help this blog continue

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST THE WALL???

Why do we do it?  Why do we continue to live in set patterns, even though they make us feel like we're banging our heads against the wall.  The majority of us get "stuck" in these routines, much of which do not make us happy...ever.  The first one that comes to mind is the all-too-familiar "go to work...eat lunch...go home...go to sleep...repeat."

I used to be that way but it bored the crap out of me.  Here is what I do now..."go to work...take lunch with me while I walk downtown and hit the antique stores and/or farmer's market...go back to work and try to make people laugh while I work...get off work and go to my journal class at my favorite art-gathering-store-place or find a great place to get new and unusual healthy foods while I talk to every stranger as though they were long, lost friends...go home...write in my blog and/or my journal...go through my affirmations and/or do an art project...watch something funny and/or positive on the tube...drift off to sleep.  The next morning, if I am so blessed with one, I will change it all up.

Whatever you have in your life that feels dull and routine and just downright unsatisfying...quit banging your head against the wall and change it up.  You CAN have a wonderful day, but YOU have to change it...I guarantee you it won't happen without your conscious effort.  Eventually, you are going to become a person you like again...someone you can greet in the mirror and smile at, knowing that you care enough to treat yourself with respect.

Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: