Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, March 7, 2015

AREN'T YOU EMBARRASSED?

I must be having a week of pet peeves because everywhere I go lately I'm hearing things that make me wonder what has happened to society.  The other day I was in one of our local stores, Fred Meyers, much like WalMart but beats it by miles, and I was standing in the checkout line behind two women about my age.  I heard one of them say, "I was so embarrassed.  I mean, what are people gonna think?"  My first thought was wow, I feel so sorry for her.  I just wanted to grab her and shake her and say, "It's okay to be who you are...it doesn't matter what it looks like to other people and it especially doesn't matter what they think."  But that would have made her worse.

I know much of the time people have these feelings because of the way they were brought up, but it's time to be aware of them and get them to rise up out of your head and heart and replace them with positive and healthy thoughts and feelings.

As a child I was painfully shy.  I kept my head down most of the time and if people came to the house I clung to my mother's side.  I had funny buck teeth, wore high-water pants and was overly thin.  I was also teased unmercifully in grammar school because of these traits.  I had less than zero self-confidence and much of that followed me into my adulthood. 

I have worked diligently on changing things in my life for the better and that meant changing how I perceived things and how I see myself.  It meant taking hold of the self-confidence I deserved and falling in love with it in my own way and in my own time.  Now that I have reached an empowered and spectacular place in my life where I genuinely love who I am, I no longer care what people think, what they hear me say, what their judgments are, what my life looks like to "them" and so on.  I am here.  I am important.  I am a good person.  I am a unique person. I can love.  I make people laugh.  I love to help people.  I can create beauty in my art, in my books and in my music and I become prouder of myself every day in every way. 

No longer will I let people judgments affect me...ever. I am done.  I am done with people who won't be a friend the same way that I am a friend to me.  I am SO done with drama and I don't want it in my life anymore.  I'm done with pretenses and lies and assholes I let control my life.  I'm done with trying to be things I'm not.  I'm done with anyone who wants to use me as they will no longer be allowed to enter my life.

Be proud of who you are...let it shine through bold and bright and right out in front.  If others have a problem with it, then it's their problem...not yours. I took stock long ago and have weeded these people out of my life.  You should try it...it feels fucking wonderful!

Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: