Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, May 23, 2015

PATIENCE IS A VIRGIN

When my son was about four years old, we had some neighbors over to dye Easter eggs and had this little party and everything. He was always such a smart and astute student of life that he picked up on everything the adults would talk about, including my little sayings. Our neighbor Dawn and her husband were around the table and we were all dying eggs and my son was running around behind each of us listening to us talk and looking at the eggs. The exact conversation we were having is one I cannot remember but I do recall saying to Dawn, “You just have to be patient,” to which my son replied, “Yeah, Dawn, patience is a virgin.” Everyone in the room lost it and since then it has always been a running joke. My son is 21 now and we still throw that up at him, poor guy. He is a good sport and laughs about it though.

Patience is one of those words that so many people in my life have told me I needed, and yet it is one of those difficult concepts for me, as well as a lot of other people. It is something I have had to pray for and ask for forgiveness due to a lack of and really never had a clue as to how people were successful at it. I have to say though, I have been doing much better with this concept the older I get and I think the reason is because I find that if I endure it (sometimes it feels like a Chinese water torture) then the rewards I reap from having made it through are much greater. At that point I am so thankful that I was able to do it. It doesn't help that I am coming off of my anti-anxiety meds right now because, let's face it they really took the edge off, but I am having a sense of great pride when I am now able to achieve something because I endured the waiting time and had the patience it took to get there. I think through this concept alone I can really measure just how much I have grown as a person.


I think patience is one of those things that if you manage to get a handle on, will be the one concept that brings you the most joy. Sometimes, for me, it can make a day feel like a month has gone by, but I am learning to fill in the gaps between the onset of having to have the patience for a situation and the end results. I am learning to go out and get what I want in life and experience new things so that when my life is over I have no regrets whatsoever. So yes, patience is important for things to happen in their own time, but it doesn't have to be a reason to put your life on hold in the meantime.



I realize this post reads a little "klunky," but I am so tired from having been outdoors all day.  Hopefully the message it sends it apparent however, that depending on the situation in which patience is called for, make sure the other parts of your life are still functioning in a healthy manner while you are patiently waiting for your desired outcome. It can be hard, but well worth the results in the end.


Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: