Donate to help this blog continue

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

DON'T YOU HATE BEING BOSSED AROUND,..

Sometimes I wonder who came up with the concept of working for a living.  It seems to me there are much better things we could be doing with our time. And why 5 out of 7 days of the week?  Why isn't 2 or 3 days a week enough?  I have always liked the barter system and had a father who was really good at bartering with others for goods and services, although I guess technically you could say that work in exchange for money is a type of barter system, but at least with the barter system no one person is the "boss."

I do not like, nor have I ever liked the idea of one person bossing everyone else around as it promotes the illusion that one person is better and smarter than everyone else under him/her.  I don't like feeling that I have to "pimp myself out" just to eke out a living and survive.  There were jobs in the past in which I was the "boss," but I have to say, I liked that even less. There was added responsibility and added duty, which ultimately led to more stress.  

Why can't our country take a lesson from other countries who value life more than the flippin' dollar. I get that we have to live and we all like money, but I hate being bossed around.  Granted that may have a lot to do with the fact that I am English, Irish, German and Taurus (stubborn much?), but it just seems to me that there are better systems in place we could adopt which place more value on the sanctity of life and the beauty of time and love and joy and happiness, stopping to smell the roses and appreciate what we have and who we are.

Sometimes we tend to settle for living a life we don't really want in order to survive and I think if we could have the things we want out of life more often than settling for things we need in order to survive, this world would be a much happier and less stressed out place in which to live.

It is my ultimate dream to one day go off the grid, have a little cabin on the river's edge and a huge garden in which I can graze as reap and sow.  To be able to quit the 9 to 5 grind and work part time in a local setting where I can set my own hours and days, or maybe not work at all, but either way it would be MY choice, not a choice I had to make in order to put food in my mouth and a roof over my head.  Keeping this in mind I recently asked myself, what is the one thing that has kept me hanging on all these years? My answer?  The fact that I always make sure my dreams come true.  

Make your dreams come true people, live the life you want.



Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: