Donate to help this blog continue

Saturday, July 18, 2015

LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE...

Did you ever want to make changes in or to your life but weren't sure of how to get started or even if you could make them? The answer? You can...any time...all the time...any change you desire. All you have to do is to know what you want and then to want it.


There is a wonderful saying that goes, “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” I love this...its says it all for me. I know all too well that when I want to make drastic changes in my life I have to make the decision to walk outside of my comfort zone in one or more directions in order to achieve them. Of course not all changes are drastic changes but even the small ones require a certain amount of comfort zone departure. For most people the comfort zone is a very difficult zone to leave, even if just for a short time because we all tend to snuggle into the routines in our lives with our footie pajamas on. Some or most of our routines may not best suit us or make us soul-wrenchingly happy, but we habitually snuggle up to them for lack of knowing we can have what we want in our lives, that it is okay and that we deserve good and wonderful changes to occur whenever we want.


A comfort zone is just that...a zone. Merriam-Webster defines the word “zone” as follows: “An area that is different from other areas in a particular way.” By this definition it makes sense then that we can create, change and eliminate our zones.


Let me give an example of a drastic change. A little over eight months ago, when my life became really unbearable for me, I had to come to the realization that it did so based on a series of bad choices I had made for myself which ultimately led me to the decision that I needed to make drastic changes if I were ever going to be able to have a life that satisfied me. I am not going to sugar-coat it because it was very uncomfortable to make the decision to sell off everything I owned and move to a place in which I knew no one, but I knew I had to do it because I realized I had to learn to listen to my soul if I ever wanted happiness in my life and my soul told me I had to start over. I was uncomfortable for a very long time as I waded through these changes, but now my life is on the right path...finally for the first time in a very long time, and it would never have happened had I not stepped outside of my comfort zone. I have had to make these drastic changes and adjustments with so many issues in my life like my sexuality, raising a child on my own, working male-dominated jobs, buying a home, living alone, and the list goes on. Was I afraid to make these drastic changes? Very much so, but at some point you have to have faith in something or someone...either in God or yourself or whatever you believe in...but you have to find the faith and stop living in fear. You have to take that leap.


Change is inevitable...in fact one of the constant truths in our lives is that it will happen. How we react to it and the choices we make regarding it are what defines our world. Most of the time we need to hit a breaking point in order to make these drastic changes and I thank God for that breaking point or I wouldn't do half of the things I need to do to effectuate the positive changes in my life and get to where I actually want to be...not just be where I am.



If you want to change your life for the better...make the choice to take that first step and step outside of your comfort zone. You won't regret it. 



Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: