Donate to help this blog continue

Sunday, November 1, 2015

AFFIRM, AFFIRM, AFFIRM...

Affirmations are by far one of the most important tools you can use to change your life around to a positive and excitingly abundant adventure.  I have lately been reading many articles on the subject and came across this one one by Caroline Rushforth at Mindbodygreen.com.  It is entitled, 10 Affirmations to Boost Your Self-Esteem:


Self-esteem is a belief system that we create as we grow older. It is interchangeable with confidence, self-worth, self-belief and self-love. Although some people may portray themselves as being confident, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they have an abundance of self esteem.

Particular circumstances that happen to us at an early age have an effect on how we feel about ourselves and our perception of who we are. Comments people say to us, the experiences we have, and the learning’s we gain from our environment, all impact on our belief system and personal development. It’s important to remember that we are all unique in our own ways. No one is the same and nor should you want to be the same as someone else! To embrace the miracle of who you are is a wonderful thing.

To make progress in your life, it is important to be aware of how much respect you give to yourself to start with. People often look to others to validate themselves in many aspects causing them to lose their own power and control. How often do you look to your friends or those around you to make you feel good about yourself?

In order to improve your self-esteem you need to change how you interact with yourself and also other people. If you look into the mirror and say negative things, or tell yourself you are no good at something, you are going against your personal power and becoming a victim to yourself. As a result, you send messages to your unconscious mind to think and behave in a negative way, this then impacts on the way people interact with you. Self-esteem means believing in yourself, knowing that you are doing the best you know how, even if a few days later you might see a better way. It means living by your beliefs and values no matter what others say or do.

Of course inner healing of your past is not something that just happens over night, and if there have been situations and experiences that have damaged your self-esteem, I recommend that you use the technique I included in “A Simple Technique to Control Your Thoughts” or you can get in touch about having an Insight Session.

Think of the day ahead; picture yourself interacting with people in ways that affirm your worth, respect your feelings and honour who you are deep within. Think of how you will feel at the end of the day when you act in this way. Notice that as you respect yourself, others respect you also. Decide that you are worthy and give yourself permission to be true to who you are, with every word you say, and every interaction you have.

Some positive affirmations you could use on a daily basis:

  1. I am competent, smart and able.
  2. I believe in myself.
  3. I recognize the many good qualities I have.
  4. I see the best in other people.
  5. I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me.
  6. I let go of negative thoughts and feelings about myself.
  7. I love who I have become.
  8. I am always growing and developing.
  9. My opinions resonate with who I am.
  10. I am congruent in everything I say and do.
You can choose which affirmations resonate with you in the best way; and of course you may also create your own as well. By repeating these daily, you will transmit perfect nourishment to your inner being, your unconscious mind, your core self.


Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit and please, if you like what you've read, leave a comment. Also, please respect the copyright/trademark rights of the artist's work. Copying and using any work posted here is forbidden without express permission. If you have a blog or website of your own I would love to visit it. After your comment, make sure to post your link and I will stop by and leave a comment as well. Happy blogging.

No comments: